Featured Employer: Barchester Healthcare
Barchester Healthcare employs almost 15,000 people to care for 10,000 residents at more than 220 locations in the UK.
Barchester Healthcare is one of the UK’s most respected care home companies providing award winning care and services to thousands of residents throughout the UK. We are delighted to be voted into ‘Times Top 25 Best Big Companies To Work For 2011’. This is a particularly prestigious award as it’s voted for anonymously by our own staff and it’s the third year in a row that we’ve won this award! We are also the only health care provider to make it into the Top 25!
Barchester’s 10 years of award winning care is down to one thing – the professionalism and dedication of its staff. We believe that excellence should come as standard and this is reflected within our recruiting, training and career progression of all our people.Our aim is simple – we strive for a working environment that not only attracts the best but also supports them through their careers. Why not apply today and take the next step in your career.
Why work for Barchester?
We believe that Barchester Healthcare care homes provide our residents with some of the best care in the UK, and make up a network of incredibly rewarding workplaces for our staff. In addition to the working environment and continuous professional development we place great emphasis on helping to maintain a positive work-life balance for all our people. From day one, we know that you will feel ‘at home’. Most stay with us for many years, which is a reflection of the happy working environment we promote and work towards.
- Excellent remuneration packages
- Generous annual leave allowance and pension
- Long service awards
- Voluntary benefit scheme including ─ retail discount vouchers, child care vouchers, discounted holiday/leisure vouchers and much more
- Strong support network with access to specialists including clinical development nurses, hospitality, marketing, property services, a recruitment and HR support office and IT department
- Continued professional development including access to the Barchester Business School
- Job security: Barchester is a stable company which, through strategic planning, has continued to grow and is opening four brand new homes in 2010
Barchester Healthcare was founded by Mike Parsons in 1993 with our very first home, Moreton Hill in Gloucestershire.Having experienced difficulties in finding a good quality care home for two relatives, Mike wanted to create a better alternative for others looking for care. He found Moreton Hill, a 17th century farm with stunning views over the Cotswolds, which he converted into a unique care setting. On opening the home, Mike was aiming to provide high quality care and environments for residents and to invest in staff. In 1994 Moreton Hill was awarded the Care Home Design Award and Barchester started from there.Since then Barchester has grown to provide quality care throughout the UK but the focus on our residents’ individual needs and providing them with a home from home environment has not changed.